OVER 40 NUTRITION PROGRAMS AND COACHING
Eating healthy is important at any age, but becomes even more so as we reach midlife and beyond. People become less active, their metabolism slows, their energy requirement decreases, ability to adsorb and utilize nutrients changes and nutritional requirements increase. Maintaining a nutrient-dense nutrition program is critically important as we age because of the impact food has on our overall health. Your eating has a huge effect on your physical and cognitive condition, bone and eye health, and vascular function. As you age, your diet can help you improve mental acuteness, increase energy levels and increase resistance to illness. Also, a healthy eating program can be the key to emotional balance and a positive outlook in your life. I am not talking about dieting and sacrifices. Rather, it should be about enjoying healthy-fresh, delicious food, whole ingredients and eating with great friends and family. No matter your age or diet history or eating preferences, it’s never too late to change your eating program and improve the way you feel, your performance and mindset.
Always keep these important things in mind as you design your plan for maximal fat loss. Here are the main things to initially focus on:
- Pay attention to your total caloric intake for fat loss
- Focus on specific nutrients
- Don’t forget micro-nutrients
- Add resistance training! MUST…
- Find some cardio activity you enjoy
Couple your strength training with the nutrients below, which have been shown to support muscle mass when aging. You will be surprised what you can achieve!
- Protein: As we age our aging bodies have a blunted response to protein synthesis with protein intakes. A minimum of 1.2g/kg/day is recommended for those over 65 yrs old. I have always suggested 1.4-1.6g/kg split between 4-6 intervals throughout the day with a minimum of 20g per meal from a quality source (e.g., grass-fed or organic lean meats, fish, dairy, eggs, tofu).
- Creatine: As little as 3g of creatine a day in combination with your strength program has the potential to support lean muscle gain and strength levels.
- Fruits & Veggies: Most still do not meet these daily requirements. Berries and green leafy vegetables are rich in antioxidants and will help fight inflammation. Eating plenty will aid in your performance and protect your longevity and health.
- Omega 3’s: Some research shows that along with its anti-inflammatory effects, it may help with muscle growth as you age. Approximate intakes of 2-5 grams a day of EPA/DHA can be beneficial.
- Vitamin D3: Very important for muscle function, and insufficient levels may have a negative effect on performance and strength.
BENEFITS OF YOUR 'OVER 40 NUTRITION' PROGRAM
- Live longer by boosting immunity
- Keeping body weight in check
- Increasing energy levels
- Boosting metabolism
- Reducing risk of heart disease & stroke
- Reduce blood pressure
- Lower risk of type-2 diabetes
- Preventing bone loss
- Sharpen the mind decreasing risk of Alzheimer’s.
- Improve self-esteem and mood
MEAL PLANS AND NUTRITION COACHING
- Maintain plan+
- 30-minute coaching
- Complete fitness
- Complete nutrition
- 30-60-90-120 DAYS
- 30-minute coaching